Besides having a low electricity rate, you can cut your bill in half by simply replacing the lighting in your home or office. If you find yourself constantly changing out bulbs, it is probably because you are using the old standard bulbs. These light bulbs are no longer being manufactured because the Department of Energy has stated that they are not energy efficient.
By simply changing out your light bulls you could be saving up to 70-80% in energy costs per year! That’s about $80 to $100 extra bucks in your pocket! The beauty of changing out light bulbs is that, their lifespan is increased with bulbs such as CFL and LED bulbs.
Here is a breakdown of energy saving bulbs you should look for:
LED light bulbs
- Save up to $80 a year in energy costs
- Lasts up to 15+ years
- Available in many sizes
- More on the pricier end (but these will literally last you forever)
CFL light bulbs
- Saves up to 75% a year in energy costs
- Lasts up to 9 years
- Available in many sizes.
- Reasonably priced.
- Last one year
- Do not contain mercury unlike CFL and LED
- Produce a linear source of light only
- Contain UV light